Information & Mail Center Clerk
The Information & Mail Center (IMC) clerk is a student leadership position intended to serve the residents on campus. The IMC clerk will:
- Work 8-15 hours per week
- Sort, deliver, and forward mail for residents
- Receive and log in packages as they are delivered and log out packages as they are picked up
- Use the highest level of professionalism and professional standards when addressing students, guests, or others who utilize the center services
- Work with the Information & Mail Center manager to resolve issues, respond to complaints, and improve the overall efficiency of the service center
- Answer general questions from residents and visitors
- Check in and out equipment loaned to residents
- Attend all scheduled trainings and meetings
- Meet regularly with the IMC manager
- Accurately record all hours worked by the assigned deadlines as directed by the Work-Study Program
- Complete other duties as assigned
The Information & Mail Center clerk must be:
- A Northwestern University undergraduate student;
- Work-Study eligible for the academic year; and
- In good disciplinary standing with Northwestern University.
Note: any IMC clerk applicant with a judicial history at Northwestern University might need to meet with the Residential Director to discuss that history and the potential impact that may have on the applicant’s candidacy.
Dates of Employment
The clerk will be hired for the given academic year. He or she must be able to work all scheduled shifts throughout the year, including finals week. Please note that clerks need to arrive on campus prior to Wildcat Welcome.
The Information & Mail Center clerk will be paid a starting wage of $8.50 per hour. Annual raises may be given based on performance. It is the clerk’s responsibility to monitor his or her Work-Study package and to stay within his or her given allotment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the online application.