OPT Reporting Survey
While you are on post-completion OPT, your status is still F-1, and it is still your responsibility to maintain that status. To maintain your F-1 status:
- You cannot begin working until you receive the EAD card and the start date on it has passed.
- You must work in a job that meets the job requirements listed in the section below.
- You cannot accumulate more than 90 days of unemployment
- The 90 days begins with the start date on the EAD card
- If you reach 90 days, you are expected to leave the U.S. immediately, and report that via the survey.
- Ensure that you have the documents you need to travel – see here for details
OPT Reporting Requirements
You must fulfill OPT reporting requirements using the Post-Completion OPT Reporting Survey (below) within 10 days of any of the following changes:
- Employment and unemployment (starting a new job, stopping a job, etc)
- Residential address,
- Immigration Status,
- or if you leave the U.S. permanently