Any changes to the information that appears on your I-20 or DS-2019 must be up-to-date. This information includes:
- Academic updates or changes
- Financial information
- Personal information
All of the changes listed below must be reported to the International Office through the F-1/J-1 Student Information Update Form.
Academic updates or changes
- If you need to change the degree-completion date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019, you must apply for an I-20/DS-2019 extension prior to the expiration date listed.
- Report any changes to your academic major/program.
- Report a change in your academic level, such as a change from Master's to PhD or PhD to Master’s.
Report any financial support/funding changes, such as a change from from scholarship funds to family funding.
Report changes such as name, dependent name, or immigration status:
- Report a change of legal name to the International Office. (You will also need to submit a copy of your new passport to your assigned International Student Advisor or during walk-in hours.)
- Report any name changes for your dependents.
- Notify the International Office if you obtain another immigration status. (You will also need to submit a copy of your USCIS Approval Notice, Green Card, etc.)
Maintain a valid passport at all times. Passport should be valid 6 months into the future each time you enter the U.S.