Transfer a SEVIS Record
Transfer your SEVIS record to NU
You must transfer your SEVIS record to NU if any of the following apply:
- you are currently enrolled in a college, university, or high school in the U.S.;
- you have recently graduated from a college, university, or high school in the U.S.;
- you have completed or are completing a period of Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Academic Training (AT);
- you are currently in valid F-1 or J-1 status, even if you are outside the U.S.
You do not need to pay the SEVIS fee again!
Instructions for transferring SEVIS record
- Ask your current (or previous) institution's International Student Advisor to complete the SEVIS Transfer-In Form. It is also included in the I-20/DS-2019 Request Form.
- Submit your SEVIS Transfer-In Form with your I-20/DS-2019 Request Form.
- Wait: The IO cannot create your new I-20/DS-2019 until after your SEVIS transfer date. This means your I-20 may take more than 10 business days if you are transferring your SEVIS record to NU!
SEVIS transfer deadlines:
- F-1 students: within 60 days of the program end date on the I-20 or within 60 days of the OPT end date.
- J-1 students: by the program end date on the DS-2019.