GLACIER Tax Preparation Software will become available by February 28, 2017.
To help with federal tax preparation, we will offer GLACIER Tax Prep to to current international students and scholars (and NU students now on OPT). GLACIER Tax Prep is an online preparation system designed exclusively for international students, scholars, and their dependents. GLACIER will help you in preparing U.S. Federal Income Tax forms (both 1040NR and 1040NR-EZ), as well as any additional statements or attachments, as applicable. GLACIER will provide detailed instructions about how, when and where to submit the federal tax return. GLACIER can be used to prepare federal returns, but you will need to prepare and file any state returns.
The IO will send all students/scholars an email with a personalized access code for Glacier in late-February, 2017. Once available, you will get additional instructions on logging in, creating a profile, and filing. If you do not receive an access code by February 28, 2017, email your advisor. Don't know your advisor? See this list!Gather the following documents and information before logging in to GLACIER Tax Prep:
- Immigration Docs (I-20 or DS-2019)
- SSN or ITIN (if you have been assigned one)
- Address Information (US and Foreign)
- U.S. Entry and Exit Dates - current and past!
- Academic Institution Information
- Forms W-2, 1042-S and/or 1099 (if you received one)
- A copy of your 2015 federal tax return, if you filed one in 2016