U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is rolling out an automated I-94 (record of admission) process.
- When you enter the U.S. through a port of entry, you will no longer receive a paper I-94 card.
- An electronic copy of the I-94 will be available online at www.cbp.gov/I94 after your arrival to the U.S.
This electronic copy will be printable and still necessary when proving immigration status or applying for benefits such as driver’s license or Social Security Number. We highly recommend that you print a copy of each I-94 record shortly after your arrival to ensure that you are maintaining a record of this travel.
Tips for accessing your your I-94 card online:
- Try entering your name exactly as it appears on your passport between the << >>.
- Try entering your name exactly as it appears on your visa stamp.
- Try entering the date the day before you actually entered the U.S.
- Try entering the date the day after you actually entered the U.S.
If you continue to have trouble, please visit the Deferred Inspection Site for Customs and Border Protection.
536 S. Clark Street, Suite 1035
Chicago, Illinois 60605
7:30am - 4:00pm
Fax: (312) 834-0919