Student Orientation and Check-In
After arriving on campus, international students are required to attend an orientation session and "check in" at the International Office.
International Student Orientation
The International Office hosts two international student orientations at the start of the academic year. At your mandatory orientation session, you will meet other international students, learn how to maintain your international student status (F-1 and J-1), complete your required immigration check-in and have fun before your studies start.
- Undergraduate International Student Orientation (September 8-12, 2016)
- Graduate International Student Orientation (DATES - Masters students: Sept 7, 2016 & PhD students: Sept 8, 2016)
U.S.immigration regulation states all F-1 and J-1 students are REQUIRED to "check-in" at the International Office within five days of your arrival on campus or at your predetermined check-in session (such as an international student orientation session).
All incoming international students will have a registration hold placed on their records. This means you will not be able to register for classes until you check in at the IO!
1. Please bring the following original documents with you for check-in:
- I-20 or DS-2019;
- Biographical page of passport;
- F-1 or J-1 visa stamp
2. Download and complete the International Student Check-In Form.
3. Be ready to provide a complete U.S. address.