Graduate International Student Orientation
Graduate International Student Orientation (G-ISO) 2015 will be on September 16, 2015. More information and registration links will be available in late spring 2015!
- Your F-1/J-1 Student Status in the U.S.
- Academic Culture in the US/At Northwestern
- Current Student Panel
- American Slang and Customs
Immigration check-in sessions
Student may complete the Immigration Check-In process at G-ISO.
U.S. immigration regulation states all F-1 and J-1 visitors attending Northwestern are REQUIRED to "check-in" at the Evanston International Office or our Chicago Office within five days of your arrival on campus or at a predetermined check-in session. Another opportunity to check in occurs at the annual Graduate School Research Fair.
Please bring the following with you for check-in:
- I-20 or DS-2019 (original document);
- Passport (original document);
- F-1 or J-1 visa stamp (original document);
- A completed printout of the International Student Check-In Form;
- I-94 Entry Record
- A U.S. address
Please note: All incoming international students will have a registration hold (which prohibits a student from enrolling in classes) until he/she has checked in the International Office.
In addition to the general orientation, we have also given separate orientations for the following graduate programs:
- McCormick School of Engineering
- Medill - Integrated Marketing Communications
- The Law School
- Feinberg School of Medicine
Please check with your school for dates.