Graduate International Student Orientation
September 7, 2016 - International Master's Students
- REGISTER for International Master's Orientation Session 1 (9:30am-12pm)
- REGISTER for International Master's Orientation Session 2 (2:00-4:30pm)
September 8, 2016 - International PhD Students
The International Office is excited to welcome incoming graduate international students at our annual Graduate International Student Orientation (G-ISO)! G-ISO is open to students in all academic programs and departments. This year, we will have separate sessions for master's and PhD/doctoral students.
What happens at G-ISO?
- Meet other new graduate international students, the Graduate Sidekicks, and IO staff
- Complete immigration check-in
- Learn the key rules for maintaining your F-1/J-1 student status
- Learn about academic culture in the US and student life at Northwestern
Student may complete the Immigration Check-In process at G-ISO.
U.S. immigration regulation states all F-1/J-1 students are REQUIRED to "check-in" at the International Office within five days of your arrival on campus.
Please bring the following with you for check-in:
- I-20 or DS-2019 (original document);
- Passport (original document);
- F-1 or J-1 visa stamp (original document);
- A completed printout of the International Student Check-In Form;
- A U.S. address
Please note: All incoming international students will have a registration hold placed on their records. This means you will not be able to register for classes until you check in at the IO!
Your academic program/department may also have a separate orientation. Please ask your program/department for specific dates and requirements.