CCIS Student & Family Programming
International students and staff, particularly those with spouses and/or children, may be interested in the following CCIS programs, which are designed to provide social opportunities.
International women's group
Women of all nationalities gather to make new friends and share international customs. Social activities take place in members’ homes and other places of special interest.
Find upcoming events on the IO's Event Calendar.
International children's playgroup
A bimonthly playgroup for children provides an opportunity to meet other international parents while children play.
- Time: Monday mornings,10:30 - 12 noon
- Location: Basement playroom at Englehart Hall, 1915 Maple Avenue.
For more information, contact Joan Fragen.
Spouses of foreign students meet monthly to cook and share lunch. The emphasis is on American-style home cooking, but participants are encouraged to help plan the curriculum.
- Participants must reserve a spot each session. Class size is limited to 12 participants; unfortunately, children cannot be accommodated.
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Specific dates will be posted at the start of each session.
- Location: 422 Forest Avenue, Wilmette (a suburban home kitchen), which is close to the El's Linden Avenue stop (Purple line).
- Cost: $5
To sign up or for more information, contact Jeanne Reed at 847-251-7973.