CCIS English Conversation Partners
CCIS offers one-on-one English practice for international students and small conversation groups for spouses.
Conversation partners for students
A CCIS volunteer and a student practice and improve English skills by meeting regularly to discuss topics of shared interest. Partners will meet at a mutually agreed-upon location and time.
We are seeking both fluent English speakers as volunteers and international students seeking language practice. Apply online below:
- English speakers: Community Volunteers or Student Volunteer - Registration Form
- International Student Participant - Registration Form
Spouses meet weekly in small informal groups for cultural exchange, to discuss American experiences, and to improve English skills. The group meets twice a week in Englehart Hall.
Wednesdays: Adult-only group
- Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Englehart Hall's lower-level classroom
- Contact: Heather Hehman
Thursdays: Children are welcome
- Time: 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Englehart Hall's lower-level lounge
- Contact Mary Helen Albright