Immigration Status Verification Letter
An Immigration Status Verification Letter can be used to verify enrollment at NU and may also to be used as a visa support letter.
- An Immigration Status Verification Letter is not required to obtain a social security number.
- We do not write support letters for family/friends' visa applications (i.e. "invitations") but recommend that you request an Immigration Status Verification Letter from our office and use this letter in combination with an invitation written by you for your friends/family members to obtain visitor visas.
Students who are unable to retrieve their documents from the IO may complete the Document Mailing Request Form and either mail, fax or scan/email to the appropriate IO advisor. Either your student account or a credit card may be used to pay the domestic or international shipping fee.
Documents requested here are created twice per week.
- If you submit your request before 9am Monday, your letter will be ready for pick up anytime after 3pm Monday (Evanston IO)
- If you submit your request before 9am Thursday, your letter will be ready for pick up any time after 3pm Thursday (Evanston IO)
- You will NOT receive e-mail notification that your letter is ready.
- *If you are located on the Chicago campus, you must submit your request before 9am Monday, in order to pick it up on Wednesdays during walk-in hours.
To request this letter, please fill out the following information: