Learning and Organization Development and our partners in learning are proud to introduce myHR Learn, your single source for learning, development, and performance at Northwestern.
Are you new to myHR Learn?
Let us help you get started.
What learning is hosted in myHR Learn?
Now inside myHR Learn:
- Research Safety, Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC); Center for Comparative Medicine (CCM)
- Research Administration Training (OSR); Innovation and New Ventures Office (INVO)
- HR Learning and Organization Development
- Leadership Development
- Introduction to University Business Processes, Effective Business Operations, Purchasing & Payments
- New Employee Orientation
Coming soon to myHR Learn:
- NUIT Administrative Systems
- Clery (Campus Security Authorities)
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention
What are the goals of myHR Learn?
- To connect employees directly to training for their specific roles and responsibilities that will increase and improve job skills and performance.
- To create a portable digital record of all completed training and development courses that automatically follows employees from one role at the University to another.
- To ensure completion of required learning and certification, and track compliance through a single source of reporting.
- To attract and retain great talent, understand the impact of our learning offerings on our increasingly diverse workforce, and strategically target learning aligned with the University’s academic mission and our employees’ career development.
- To help Northwestern employees build knowledge and skills for personal and University success.
How does myHR Learn work?
- Automatically enrolls employees in necessary compliance training, allowing them to easily and completely meet requirements.
- Provides a centralized location to register for training and professional development courses across the University.
- Sends updates on new or required training to employees, and allows immediate viewing of completion status.
- Streamlines the professional certification process.
- Users can review and recommend courses to their colleagues and peers, and give feedback to training organizers.
Where can I find out more?
- Schools and Departments interested in myHR Learn should contact Samir Desai of Learning & Organization Development, at email@example.com or (847) 491-8570, for more information.
- If you have questions or need help with a technical issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
- The myHR Learn Sponsors and Core Committee are a cross-disciplinary group of University leaders and staff who have collaborated to bring myHR Learn to its first user audience in the Office for Research.