The Northwestern University strives to provide a family-friendly environment for its faculty, staff and students. Nursing mothers have access to dedicated mother's rooms.
- Nursing mothers will be issued a key or, where applicable, register their Wildcard for long-term use. Long-term users will retain keys for the duration of their anticipated use, and are responsible for their return. Long-term Wildcard access is granted on a six-month basis. Daily visitors are expected to return the key after each use.
- Some mothers' rooms can be reserved in advance. To reserve, mothers should enter their name in an available time slot in the reservation book, which is located inside the mothers’ room, or enter their information onto the web-based reservation system as indicated below. Guests are asked to respect the needs of other users.
- Guests are welcome to use supplies and are expected to maintain the cleanliness of the room after use.
Rebecca Crown Center, Lower Level
633 Clark St.
- Keys are issued in the South Tower of Crown, second floor in room 2-210 or by calling (847) 491-5534.
Enter at the North Tower of Crown Center and descend stairs near The Graduate School. Proceed through the door, turn right and walk left down the hallway to the women’s restroom. The mothers’ room is located in an enclosed lounge area within the restroom.
Pancoe ENH Life Sciences Pavilion
1-410 Women’s Lounge, 2200 Campus Dr.
- Keys are issued in the Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology Office in Hogan Hall 2-100 or by calling (847) 491-5061.
Enter Hogan Hall wing and proceed to the second floor BMBCB office. Scheduling of the room is handled through a google calendar. For access to the Pancoe mothers' room schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Main Library, 3rd Floor
1970 Campus Dr.
- Available to nursing mothers who have an NU Library borrower’s card. The key can be checked out from the Main Library circulation desk for two hours by presenting a valid NU WildCard or borrower’s card. Questions or feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
The room is inside the women’s restroom on the 3rd floor.
Technological Institute (Tech)
Ground Floor, DG60
2145 Sheridan Rd
- The room is accessible through use of a Wildcard reader.
NU mothers needing access to the room should email Deirdre Dennett to register your Wildcard. Please include your name, University ID and Indala Wildcard number in your email. Upon registration, your Wildcard will allow you to access the room for an initial period of six months. If you require access for a longer period of time, please reapply by emailing Deirdre.
Abbott Hall, 14th Floor, Room 1428
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
- For access, contact Chicago Human Resources Office in Abbot Hall, Suite 150 or by calling (312) 503-8481.
Take the Abbott Hall elevator to the 14th floor. Proceed through the door, turn left and follow the hallway to the first hallway on the left side just beyond the stairwell. Turn left to room 1428.
Tarry Research and Education Building, 2nd Floor, Room 746
300 E. Superior Street
The room is on the second floor of the Tarry building, along the main corridor. Access to the room does not require a key. It is left unlocked and can only be locked from inside when in use.
Please contact 312-503-8194 with any questions or concerns about the Tarry Mothers' Room.