The Northwestern University strives to provide a family-friendly environment for its faculty, staff and students. Nursing mothers have access to dedicated mother's rooms.
- Nursing mothers will be issued a key for long-term or daily use and will be responsible for the key and its return. Long-term users will retain keys for the duration of their anticipated use. Daily visitors are expected to return the key after each use.
- To reserve the room in advance, users should enter their name in an available time slot in the reservation book, which is located inside the mothers’ room. Guests are asked to respect the needs of other users.
- Guests are welcome to use supplies and are expected to maintain the cleanliness of the room after use.
Rebecca Crown Center, Lower Level
633 Clark St.
- Keys are issued in the South Tower of Crown, second floor in room 2-210 or by calling (847) 491-5534.
Enter at the North Tower of Crown Center and descend stairs near The Graduate School. Proceed through the door, turn right and walk left down the hallway to the women’s restroom. The mothers’ room is located in an enclosed lounge area within the restroom.
Pancoe ENH Life Sciences Pavilion
1-410 Women’s Lounge, 2200 Campus Dr.
- Keys are issued in the Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology Office in Hogan Hall 2-100 or by calling (847) 491-5061.
Enter Hogan Hall wing and proceed to the second floor BMBCB office.
The Main Library, 3rd Floor
1970 Campus Dr.
- Available to nursing mothers who have an NU Library borrower’s card. The key can be checked out from the Main Library circulation desk for two hours by presenting a valid NU WildCard or borrower’s card. Questions or feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
The room is inside the women’s restroom on the 3rd floor.
Abbott Hall, 14th Floor, room 1428
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
- Keys are issued in the Chicago Human Resources Office in Abbot Hall, Suite 150 or by calling (312) 503-8481.
Take the Abbott Hall elevator to the 14th floor. Proceed through the door, turn left and follow the hallway to the first hallway on the left side just beyond the stairwell. Turn left to room 1428.
Questions or feedback about the Mothers’ Rooms should be directed to the Office of Work/Life Resources at (847) 491-3612.