1420 Maple Ave.
Evanston, IL 60201
Northwestern University families are provided special benefits through an agreement between the University and the McGaw YMCA Children's Center.
- Priority enrollment/wait list status at the Center is available to faculty, staff and students.
- The YMCA youth membership fee is waived for NU families enrolled in the child care program, as well as the summer camp programs.
- The University funds enhancements to the YMCA Children's Center programs in the fine arts.
- The University awards need-based fee assistance to eligible families on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Access to NU dedicated backup care spaces is available on a first come, first served basis.
Program brochures are available at the McGaw YMCA Children's Center.
The Children’s Center uses the Creative Curriculum, with a focus on the specific needs and interests of the children. Programs focus on each child’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development. The importance of community is stressed, so that each child has a feeling of belonging. Programs are offered in a safe, nurturing environment, within a diverse community.
- Year-round child care for infants and preschool children (6 weeks to 5 years)
- Full-day and part-day programs
- After-school and summer camp programs for children in elementary and middle school grades
- Lead teachers with bachelor’s degree and early childhood education course work
- Center accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Contact The Children's Center receptionist at 847-475-8580 to schedule a tour, complete registration paperwork and secure a space or a spot on the waiting list.
- Complete and return the Designation Form to be considered for NU priority enrollment.
- Early registration and wait list applications are recommended especially for the youngest age groups.
- Contact the YMCA Children's Center registrar at 847-475-8580 to apply for scholarship funds. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. School year awards are determined on a first come first served basis. Please apply early.
- Fee Assistance Application
- See the Fee Assistance page for more information.
What Parents Say…
The Northwestern University Office of Work/Life Resources does not endorse or recommend any particular school or child care center and encourages all parents to carefully evaluate any provider they are considering to care for their child.