Military training leave is absence for military reserve training.
Leave for military training is granted at any time during active employment.
Membership in the reserve or National Guard is required.
- The employee is to inform the supervisor as far in advance as possible. He or she must complete the Leave of Absence Request Form .
- A military voucher is needed by the payroll division to reimburse the difference in pay.
- The Office of Human Resources sends a letter to the employee regarding approval of the leave and its dates. The supervisor receives a copy.
- The employee reports to work after the scheduled training.
- Military training leave is limited to the duration of the training.
Holding The Job
The job is held for the duration of the leave.
Employees receive their University pay for the leave period, less the amount of gross pay received from the federal or state governments.
Insured benefits continue in this absence during active employment. Premiums are paid by the individual and the University as during active employment.