Attending a live online
FASIS training right now?
- Click here
- Choose "Guest" entry
- Enter your complete first and last name
- Click "Enter Room"
Live Online FASIS Training Courses:
Some FASIS training courses are offered via live online web sessions, allowing you to connect to the training on your computer and listen via your computer speakers or telephone. The current trainings offered online are:
- HRS221: Staff COI for Employees and Managers
- HRS223: Staff COI for Managers Only
- HRS301: Kronos for Employees
- HRS302: Kronos for Supervisors
- HRS402: Summer/Research Quarter Salary Forms *
* This course offers both online and in-person training sessions.
Registering for a Live Online Course:
Users should pre-register for FASIS online training courses unless otherwise noted. While not required, registering for the course is the only way to ensure that the completed session is recorded on your training record. The official pre-registration count will be used to determine if an online session is canceled due to low enrollment; in the event of a cancellation or change in date/time, only registered trainees will be notified.
Search and register for a training course in the FASIS Self Service Portal or click a course link above to jump directly to that course's page. The trainings noted above have no registration or drop fee and do not require system approval. You may register for or drop the course any time before the course begins.
Note: Only those course sessions with a location listed as "ONLINE" are live virtual sessions. All sessions with an assigned room on the Evanston or Chicago campus are traditional in-person trainings and do not have an online component.
Attending a Live Online Course Session:
FASIS uses Adobe Connect for live online trainings. Access the FASIS training room here: http://northwesternuniversity.adobeconnect.com/fasis-training
- Connect to the Training Room: Prior to the start time of the session, click the link above, sign in as a "Guest," and enter your complete first and last name. Mobile and tablet users can connect using the free Adobe Connect app for Android or iOS.
- You should not need to install additional software, but you may be prompted to allow your browser access to Adobe.
- You will see an introductory message until the training room officially opens.
- If you do not automatically enter the training room by the scheduled start time, click the "Refresh" button on your browser.
- Your name will not be visible to other participants, but you must enter your full name to receive credit for the training. Only those who pre-register, sign in with a full name, and remain connected for the entire session will receive a "Completed" status.
- Connect to Audio: After the training room opens, choose between your comptuer speakers or your telephone.
- Your computer speakers should connect automatically; if not, click the speaker icon in the top left corner of the training room.
- To choose telephone instead, click the phone icon in the top left corner. Then dial into the meeting using the information provided, and mute your computer speakers if necessary.
- Audio for most training courses will be listen-only; all telephone lines will be muted. Comments or questions will be handled within Adobe Connect as determined by the trainer.
For more information about using Adobe Connect, refer to the NUIT Webconferencing Quick Reference Page.