Logging into Kronos
- Navigate to the login webpage: www.northwestern.edu/kronos
MAC users should use the following URL: https://www‐kronos.itcs.northwestern.edu/wfc/applications/wtk/html/ess/logon.jsp
- Enter your Net ID and NetID password.
Entering Hours Worked
To enter the hours you have worked, click the field located under the appropriate date column and on the Hours Worked row. Enter the # of hours worked for that day, and then click SAVE.
Multi-Job Employees: Accessing Other Job Timecards
Employees who have more than one job are referred to as either slice or multi-job employees, and will have a separate timecard for each job. Hours for each job are recorded on a separate timecard known as the individual job timecard. Hours from all jobs are summarized on a combined rollup timecard. The multi-job employee has one login ID and password to access all timecards. The collection of all individual and rollup timecards may include any combination of Hourly timecard or Daily Elapsed timecard.
The following steps describe how to access timecards for multi-job employees.
- Log into Kronos using your NetID and password.
- By default, the first screen you will see is the rollup timecard, which is view-only and cannot be edited.
- To access any of your individual job timecards, click on the My Links drop down menu.
- From the My Links drop down menu, click on Select Other Job Timecard.
- The next screen will provide you a list of active job timecards. Select the timecard you wish to access by choosing from the drop down menu.
- Then click the Switch Logon button.
- You should be taken to the timecard selected.
- To choose another individual timecard or return to the rollup timecard, repeat steps 3 through 6.
Submitting Timecards for Approval
- Review the data entered on your timecard for accuracy.
- Click Approvals > Approve
Making changes to your timecard after it has been submitted for approval depends on the following:
- If the supervisor has not yet approved the timecard, you can click Approvals > Remove Approval to remove your own employee approval. Note: if you remove your approval, be sure to resubmit the timecard again to your supervisor for approval.
- If the supervisor has approved the timecard but Payroll has not closed the pay period, then both you and the supervisor can click Approvals > Remove Approval, which will open your timecard for editing.
- If Payroll has closed the pay period, see the following section “Timecard Changes to Prior Pay Periods” for instructions.
Timecard Changes to Prior Pay Periods
To change a prior pay period timecard that has already been submitted and approved by the supervisor and the Payroll Office has closed the pay period, employees need to send a request in writing to his/her supervisor of the changes needed. The direct supervisor will submit the changes in Kronos for the appropriate time period. Within the Kronos application, these changes are also known as Historical Edits.
Below the timecard the system provides various totals including Regular Hours Worked, Excused or Unexcused Absence, and Grand Total.