- Open the pdf file with the summarized matrix.
- Determine the level of job that is needed based upon the duties, responsibilities, skills, education and experience.
- Please note that the incumbent need not complete ALL of the duties/responsibilities listed. If the incumbent completes approximately 80% of the listed duties/responsibilities, then the job is a “match”.
- You may wish to double check the salary range of the level that you choose in order to ensure that it is within your budget.
- Request a copy of the corresponding standard job description from your Compensation Consultant.
- Enter in the demographic information at the top of the job description.
- Enter in the “%” column. If the job will NOT complete an entire row in regard to duties/ responsibilities, type in 0% in % column. The row will be entirely deleted when entered into FASIS.
- Complete page 4 eRecruit information if this is a new position that will be posted.
- Please do not change any of the standard wording on these job descriptions. If the incumbent will be completing additional duties/responsibilities that cannot be captured within the wording given, add those as a bullet point beneath the closest standard duty/ responsibility.
- Once completed, please e-mail the job description to your Compensation Consultant for review and processing.
- Specific for the Research Technologist Job Family Matrix: On the actual job descriptions, have the Manager/PI highlight the necessary skills in #1 Principal Accountabilities.
Contact Annette Czech (firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-503-6632) or your Compensation Consultant.