Health Care Plan Benefits
- Reimburses health care expenses, incurred by you and your tax dependents, not eligible to be paid by insurance.
- Maximum annual election of $2,500
- Available to individuals enrolled in the Premier PPO, Select PPO, or HMO Illinois plans, or without health coverage through Northwestern University.
Limited Use Plan Benefits
- Reimburses dental and vision services. It may also be used for healthcare and prescription expenses after the Value PPO annual deductible has been met.
- Maximum annual election amount is $2,500
- Available to individuals who enroll in the Value PPO plan
- Newly eligible employees may enroll online through the Self Service Portal within 31 days of hire
- An individual may change his FSA contributions within 31 days of a qualifying change in family status.
- During Open Enrollment, an individual must re-enroll through the Self Service Portal to continue participation in the FSA the following year.
- Learn how to activate your Payflex Card
File a Claim
You can be reimbursed for expenses with service dates from January 1, 2013 through March 15, 2014, while actively making contributions to the plan. The date you pay for an item or service is irrelevant.
- Submit claims directly to Payflex using Express Claims or a paper claim form.
- Attach the appropriate documentation including: an explanation of benefits (EOB), receipt, or invoice
- Documentation must include: provider or full name of product, patient name, amount, and date(s) of service.
- Canceled checks will not be accepted in lieu of an itemized bill or receipt
- Statements showing only a previous balance are not acceptable documentation
- Individuals may be reimbursed up to the full annual election amount regardless of the amount contributed to the account.
- All eligible funds for plan year 2013 must be claimed by March 31, 2014. If an individual retires or ceases participation in the plan, dates of service must be prior to the active participation end date. Under Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, any monies not claimed from the FSA as of March 31, 2014 are forfeited.
You may only submit claims for expenses incurred through the last day of the month of your last day worked. If you elect to continue the FSA under COBRA, contributions are made on an after-tax basis and must be the same monthly amount made during active employment.