Privileges for Retired University Employees
- As a retiree, you remain eligible for a Northwestern Wildcard. The Wildcards of retired faculty who have been granted emeritus status will show "Emeritus." Other retired faculty and all retired staff members will show "Retiree." You may continue to use the Wildcard you received as an active employee until that card expires. Once that card expires, you will need to obtain a new card in the Wildcard office.
- Contact the Evanston or Chicago parking office for details; Evanston (847) 491-3319, Chicago (312) 503-1103
- As a retiree you will enjoy the same library privileges you enjoyed when you were an active employee, including interlibrary loan. To borrow books from the University libraries, you will need an active Wildcard.
- Complete a retiree Wildcard and Internet access request form. Retirees can participate in all University hardware and software purchasing programs for which individual faculty or staff purchases are allowed. Retirees with Northwestern e-mail accounts are reminded that e-mail accounts must be active and that passwords must be changed every 120 days. Failure to change passwords will result in being locked out of your e-mail account until you reactivate that account in person at the computing center or closing of the account and the deletion of any e-mail received by that account.
Northwestern University Employees Credit Union
- As a retiree you can remain a member with the same privileges as active employees. If you are not already a member of the Credit Union and would like to be, you must join prior to your retirement date. For more information, visit the Credit Union at 726 Clark St or call them at telephone at 847-332-0240 ext 299.
- Retired employees are eligible for discounts on travel services, including car rentals and hotel stays, via the WildCARD Advantage program. Please review the Travel Services section of the WildCARD Advantage website for detailed information.
- For additional information, contact NU Travel at email@example.com or (847) 491-5993.
- As a retiree, you are eligible to use Northwestern's athletic and recreational facilities, including gymnasiums, swimming pools, tennis courts, and racquetball courts. To take advantage of these facilities, you must have a Wildcard. Retirees (and spouses, etc.) pay the same rates for SPAC membership as active employees. For further information, call the Sports Pavilion Membership Office (847-491-4303) to inquire about membership rates and facilities available.
- Retirees with a valid Wildcard are eligible to purchase up to two tickets to concerts, plays and other performances at Pick Staiger and the Theatre-Interpretation Center at a discounted employee rate. Both venues also offer a senior citizen rate to any patron age 65 or older.
- For information, contact the Pick Staiger box office at (847) 467-4000 or the Theatre-Interpretation Center box office at (847) 491-7282.
- Retired faculty or staff members who served as full time employees are eligible for reduced faculty rate for season tickets for football and basketball. Retirees can purchase up to two season tickets at the reduced rate. Season tickets for football generally go on sale in February; basketball tickets are available in September.
- For further information regarding reduced rate season tickets access NU Sports, or call the Athletic Ticket Office at (847) 491-CATS.
- The Division of Continuing Education and Special Programs sponsors this year-round educational community. NUILR is a peer-learning, member driven program for retired men and women. Members propose the curricula and lead discussions. They pursue their academic goals in seminar-style study groups. NUILR study groups explore topics in literature, history, politics, science, philosophy, media, and the arts. Whether seeking spirited discussion of the topics of the day, synthesis of a life of earning and living, or a look into the foreign land of the future, NUILR members are challenged in an active learning environment.
- For information on NUILR call the NUILR office, (847) 491-7724.