Executive Board Expectations
Students who wish to run for an executive office of a governing council or honor society must abide by the following minimum expectations:
- Quarter G.P.A. policy- Have and maintain a minimum quarter G.P.A. of 2.75. Students who fall below 2.75 for the quarter will be placed on academic probation. Students may only be on academic probation for one quarter. A G.P.A. of less than 2.75 for more than one quarter will result in removal from office. Students who fall below a 2.3 quarter G.P.A. will be removed from office immediately.
- Cumulative G.P.A. policy- Have and maintain a cumulative G.P.A of 2.50. Students who fall below a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. will be removed from office.
- May not study abroad, go on a Journalism Residency program , and/or any sort of internship/co-op out of the Chicagoland-area during their term
- Attend all executive board and general body/delegate meetings
- Be in good standing with their respective organization
Additional Governing Council Expectations:
- Attend AFLV (If funding permits)
- Attend officer installation/induction ceremonies
- Must attend the Greek Leadership Retreat in Spring Quarter
Students who do not meet these minimum expectations will be not permitted to run or be appointed to office. If a student does not meet the criteria while in office, they will be removed.
It is an expectation that students interested in pursuing candidacy will make academic and/or extracurricular commitments known prior to elections. Students who falsify information in regards to their candidacy will be removed from office and not permitted to hold an executive office in the future.