Study abroad requirement
Global Health Studies minors are required to study abroad in a program that offers a substantial public health experience.
Minors may also fulfill this requirement by participating in other organized public health study abroad programs.
These programs must be pre-approved by the Global Health Studies Director.
Northwestern offers eight international public health programs:
- Public Health in China (Beijing, China)
- Public Health in Cuba (Havana, Cuba)
- Public Health in Europe (Paris, France)
- Public Health in Israel (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Public Health in Mexico (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Global Healthcare Technologies (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Public Health and Development in South Africa (Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Field Research in Public Health: Tanzania (Arusha region, Tanzania)
Choosing a program
Feedback from current and past Global Health students may help you select the right program. Click on the program links above and view the Student Voices section for blogs, videos, and more.
Applying to a program
Review the public health programs on the IPD website, meet with one of the IPD study abroad advisors listed on the individual program pages, and start your online application at: www.northwestern.edu/studyabroadapp.
Northwestern students who participate in IPD public health programs may be able to take advantage of various fellowship opportunities through IPD. Both need-based and merit-based fellowships are available.