Capital projects include construction, renovations, or alterations to buildings greater than $100,000.
Funding must be approved prior to the start of the construction process.
Requestor must send an email to FMP@northwesten.edu.
- Contact person (Include email address and phone number)
- Project sponsor (Department/school; include email address and phone number)
- Location (building, floor)
- Type of space (e.g. lab, office)
- Size (approx. sq ft)
- What needs to be done (Be specific as possible.)
- Reason/purpose (e.g. new staff, faculty relocation)
Requestor will be contacted by a Facilities Planner within 10 days to review project details.
The Facilities Planner will schedule a meeting with the requestor to develop a conceptual space plan and preliminary program.
[Internal to FM] The Facilities Planner will consider other proposed and existing projects and outline how the current Capital Project request can be accommodated.
The Facilities Planner will meet with requestor to review options.
Note: This step may recur one or more times.
The Facilities Planner confirms with requestor that all requirements are being met in the final plans.
Requestor must confirm department approval and funding.
The project will then be assigned to FMDC or FMO
- FMDC (Facilities Maintenance Design and Construction) is generally assigned projects requiring architectural services.
- FMO (Facilities Maintenance Organization) is generally assigned projects requiring the services of a general contractor.
An official estimate is given to the requestor.
Requestor, with assistance from FM, opens account with Budget Office.