Inactivate a Chart String or ChartField Value
Use the ChartField Request Form to inactivate a ChartField value or Chart String. Effective date and reason for inactivation must be provided.
Inactivate ChartField Process
- The Requestor completes the online ChartField Request Form, available on the NU Portal Finance and Budgeting tab, for inactivating a DeptID, Project, Program or Account.
- The Requestor routes the form for approval within the school or unit (per the school- or unit-determined approval process).
- An authorized Submitter, who has been pre-registered to request ChartField changes for the school or unit, emails the approved form to: ChartField_request@northwestern.edu. The Submitter can also fax or mail the form to Accounting Services.
- The ChartField Maintenance (CM) unit in the Controller’s Office logs receipt of the form and does a preliminary review for completeness and initial coding.
- Depending on the request, the form is routed to the Budget Office for approval.
- The form routes back to the CM unit for finalization and system update.
- The CM unit notifies the Submitter and Requestor of completion of inactivation and copies additional individuals or offices as directed on the form.
- ChartField Request Form available on the NUPortal Finance & Accounting tab https://nuportal.northwestern.edu
Requesting inactivation of a chart string or ChartField value?
Contact Accounting Services Chartfield Maintenance unit at 847-491-5337 or ChartField_request@northwestern.edu