Databases & Resources
Begin your search through national databases. These databases provide the best way to explore thousands of funding opportunities. We also recommend checking the resources available through other Northwestern departments and offices.
Office of Fellowships Drop In Hours
Stop by the Office of Fellowships during our weekly drop in hours Wednesday afternoons between 3pm and 5pm, to talk with an adviser about available fellowships.
Or schedule an appointment - email@example.com | 847 491 2617
- Graduate & Postdoctoral Extramural Support (GRAPES) - Graduate and postdoctoral funding opportunities
- Scientific Grants and Funding (GrantsNet) - Grants and awards in science and engineering
- Community of Science/Pivot - Grants and awards for students in all fields
- Fastweb - Grants and awards for students in all fields
- International Education Financial Aid - Resources for international students
- Idealist - Fellowships, internships, and volunteer opportunities in the non-profit sector
- IIEPassport: Your Study Abroad Connection - If you are searching for a truly life-changing experience, IIEPassport has the study abroad programs that will allow you to achieve true learning
- Online Masters Programs - Here you'll find everything you need to identify a reputable masters program, succeed in the program and then land a career that makes the most of your education
Databases for LGBTQ Students/Research/Advocacy
- Campus Pride/Point Foundation Sponsored National LGBT Scholarship- Free online dynamic database provides LGBT and ally students with the largest, most comprehensive source of LGBT scholarship and funding resources in the nation. There are no charges to view scholarships or to list scholarships.
- FinAid : Financial Aid for Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual - A compilation of funding sources for LGBTQ individuals by FinAid.
- Human Rights Campaign: LGBT Student Scholarship Database - Database of scholarships, fellowships and grants for LGBT and allied students at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Minnesota Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Education Fund Scholarship - Compilation of scholarships and funding sources for LGBT students.
- Undergraduate Research Grants
- Office for Research
- Weinberg College Funds for Undergraduate Research
- McCormick School Scholarships, Grants & Fellowships
- Funding Resources for Molecular Bioscience
- The Graduate School Fellowships & Grants
- Department of Sociology Funding
- Department of Computer Science Fellowships and Awards
- International Office - Community Council for International Students (CCIS) - A great opportunity for international fellowship applicants to get some cross cultural and linguistic experience by applying to be a conversation partner
Northwestern Career Advancement: Career Development Fund
The Northwestern Career Advancement Career Development Fund provides funding to support the career needs of undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need. This program is a collaboration between NCA and the Northwestern Undergraduate Budget Priorities committee, who provideed the financial support to launch this initiative.
Students can apply to receive funding to support the following career development pursuits:
- Travel to professional interviews for internship or full-time employment
- Travel to professional conferences
- Travel to professional career events
- Travel to graduate school interviews
- Purchase of professional attire
An application and more information can be accessed here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year.