Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has a long history of extensive training, with an APA accredited Doctoral Internship in psychology.
- A full range of clinical, training, outreach, and consultation services
- 24-hour rotational on-call system for afterhours emergencies
- Extensive group therapy program without treatment limits
- The Stress Management Clinic
- Other short-term outreach programs for college mental-health issues
CAPS is committed to diversity in all forms and participates in continuing professional development in this area. Because the length of individual psychotherapy at CAPS is limited to 12 sessions, CAPS emphasizes training in brief treatment, although selected longer-term cases are available to Postdoctoral Fellows. CAPS has 17 professional staff, including 11 psychologists, 1 Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, 3 psychiatrists, and 2 social workers. The internship at CAPS has three full-time Doctoral Interns.