Welcome from the Eating Concerns Team Coordinator
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to explore our services. At Northwestern University, we recognize the need for support and education around issues of body image, weight, disordered eating, and food preoccupation for men and women. Eating concerns can be extremely disruptive to students’ physical and emotional well-being. They can also interfere with students' relationships with families and friends as well as with their abilities to achieve their academic potentials and goals. As a result, CAPS, in conjunction with University Health Service has developed the Eating Concerns Assessment and Treatment Team (ECATT) to address each person’s individualized needs. I invite you to learn more and take advantage of the opportunities we have to offer by clicking on the various links below.
- What is an Eating Disorder?
- Causes of Eating Disorders
- Are you Dealing with Disordered Eating?
- Health Consequences of Eating Disorders
- How to Help Someone with Eating and Body Image Issues
- What does Treatment Involve?
- Treatment Centers for Eating Disorders
- Statistics: Eating Disorders and their Precursors
- Eating Disorders in Diverse Cultures
- Men and Eating Disorders
- Where to Find Additional Information