Seating for Families & Guests
Commencement Seating (Ryan Field)
Tickets are required for all seating at Ryan Field. Participating candidates may obtain their allotment of up to 10 tickets at the time of cap and gown distribution. Seating may be accessed only through ground-level west side gates as indicated below. Upper-deck seating and elevator service to seating on the mezzanine level are not available.
Please note: Lower-level seating for guests with ambulatory limitations is available at Ryan Field. This seating is monitored by University staff and requires no advanced reservation.
- Gate K: Guests arriving in wheelchairs
- Gates M–N: General seating
- Gate P: Special Guest ticket required
- Gates Q–R–S–T: General seating
Remote Viewing Location for Fair Weather
- Norris Center (1999 Campus Drive) McCormick Auditorium
- No ticket required.
For those not able to attend the ceremony in person, the following options are available:
- Watch the live broadcast of the ceremony from a computer or mobile device.
- Utilize up to two tickets to watch the live broadcast of the ceremony at an Evanston campus auditorium.
- Ticket required for entry.
Seating for Guests with Accessibility Needs
Accessible seating for guests is available at Ryan Field and information can be found on our Accessibility page. Tickets will be available March 27, 2017.