Information for Faculty
The Baccalaureate Services
Baccalaureate Services incorporating many of the traditions of the University. Details for 2017 will be available in Spring 2017. Please check back.
University Chaplain Timothy Stevens invites faculty members to participate in the service. This commitment requires faculty to present themselves in academic regalia one half hour prior to the service.
The Commencement Ceremony
The One Hundred and Fifty-Ninth Annual Commencement will be held at 9:30 AM, Friday, June 16, 2017 at Ryan Field. Faculty will assemble in the Field house of McGaw Memorial Hall, located at the north end of the building. The University provides shuttle service from major campus parking lots and along Sheridan Road to the Ryan Field/McGaw Memorial Hall area. Limited parking will be available without charge in the large lot to the west of Ryan Field (entrance on Ashland Avenue).
Faculty wishing to attend the Commencement ceremony are expected to be part of the Faculty processional. As Commencement is a celebration for our students and their families, we want to make sure our guests have as many tickets as possible. Guest tickets may be available after June 1, 2017, but on a limited basis. Please contact the Commencement Office, at 847-491-3600, after this date for potential availability.
Cap and Gown Information
Academic regalia is to be worn by all participants at the Baccalaureate Services and at the Commencement ceremony, unless the participant wears a uniform of one of the armed services. Men will remove their academic caps for the National Anthem and the Invocation. You can order your cap and gown through the Herff Jones site.
- Deadline for no charge shipping is May 19th at 11:59pmEST
- Shipping charges begin May 20th through the May 29th
- The site will close May 29th at 11:59pmEST
- Late orders may email directly: email@example.com and will be delivered via FedEx or UPS
- Herff Jones will deliver regalia ordered through the website on June 9th
Cap and Gown Pick-up & Return
Pick-up locations are determined by school affiliation and event participation. Pick up locations will be indicated via email when regalia is ordered.
Caps and gowns may be returned:
- Following the Baccalaureate Services at Pick-Staiger Hall
- Following Commencement in the Field house, McGaw Memorial Hall
- Following the individual school convocations at convocation sites
Inquiries are welcome at the Commencement Office, 847-491-3600 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org