Chinese IV: Modern Literature
- Li-Cheng Gu - 8474912760 - 4-374 Kresge Centennial Hall
- Kresge Centennial Hall 4-445 - MoWe 2:00PM - 3:20PM
- This course is designed to further improve students' reading and writing abilities in Chinese language and Chinese literature. Students will be exposed to essays, prose, movies, short novels, and poems in their original forms either in classical Chinese or modern Chinese. In terms of authors, students will be introduced to Gao Xingjian, Lu Xun, Ba Jin, Hu Shi, Jiang Menglin, Xiao Qjan, Long Yingtai, Mao Dun, Wu Jingzi, Cao Xue Qjin, and the Three Sus, ranging from novelists, playwriters, to poets covering from the period of 1000 AD to today. Students will discuss these readings in class and then write their argumentation papers either in Chinese or in English.
- 3rd year Chinese; by placement test, or by instructor consent.
- Grading: Attendance 10%, Paper One 20%, Paper Two 20%, Paper Three 20%. Oral One 15%, Oral Two 15%
- Textbooks: China's Peril and Promise
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Author: Chih-ping Chou
- Literature & Fine Arts Distro Area
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/06/13 02:02:47 PM