- Phyllis Horn-Liparini - 847/491-8271 - 1860 S. Campus Drive, Crowe Hall #2-113
- GP ROOM TO BE ASSIGNED - MoTuWeThFr 12:00PM - 3:00PM
- Intermediate Italian continues and completes the two-year sequence in Italian language. At the end of the full 102 sequence (102-1,2,3), students will be able to speak comfortably, understand articles and narrative texts in modern written Italian, and write grammatically correct compositions. Students will significantly increase their knowledge of Italy's history and culture.
Having completed the entire sequence of Italian 102, students will be eligible to study in Italy and will be ready to embark on the minor or major in Italian. The second-year Italian course sequence completes the two-year WCAS language requirement.
The classroom is very lively, with lots of conversation, partnering, and small group exercises. Students will be nurtured toward independence, posing and solving language problems on their own and in collaboration with classmates. While speaking and listening continue as the center of class activity, we will focus more intensively on reading and writing Italian, composing stories, persuasive essays, and reviews.
- Italian 101-3 or permission of the course coordinator.
- Italian Espresso 2 (textbook), ISBN #9788889237953
- Italian Espresso 2 (workbook), ISBN #9788889237977
- Attendance at 1st class mandatory
Prerequisites apply, see description
Specific requirements in the language
No P/N option for this section
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 04/19/12 09:59:23 AM