- Chyi Chung - 8474918130 - CROWE 1860 Campus Dr 1-159 EV2161
- Kresge Centennial Hall 4-310 - MoTuWeThFr 12:00PM - 3:00PM
- This course is the third in a three-course sequence (students who successfully complete this course may continue with second-year Chinese at Northwestern University). It continues the study of Pinyin system, written characters, compound words and grammar of Mandarin Chinese with greater emphasis on development of fluency and accuracy. The course aims to help beginners develop their communicative competence in the four basic skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Completed 111-1 and 111-2 or instructor consent.
- Three regular class hours are used for pronunciation drills, analysis of sentence structure, explanation of Chinese words etymology, translation and conversation exercises. During highly student-centered class meetings, the instructor uses English to explain characters and grammar and Chinese for oral drills and conversation practices.
- Class attendance, classroom performance, written assignments, oral reports, lesson quizzes, a midterm exam and a final exam.
- New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook I (ISBN: 7-5619-1040-1)
New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook I (ISBN: 7-5619-1042-8)
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/06/13 11:49:41 AM