- Chyi Chung - 8474918130 - CROWE 1860 Campus Dr 1-159 EV2161
- Kresge Centennial Hall 4-310 - MoTuWeThFr 12:00PM - 3:00PM
- This course is the second in a three-course sequence (completed Chinese I: 111-3 ). It continues the study of Pinyin system, written characters, compound words and grammar of Mandarin Chinese as well as a more in-depth introduction to the Chinese culture. The course aims to help students develop their communicative competence in the four basic skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Completed 111-1 or instructor consent.
- Three regular class hours are used for pronunciation drills, analysis of sentence structure, explanation of Chinese words etymology, translation and conversation exercises. During highly student-centered class meetings, the instructor uses English to explain characters and grammar and Chinese for oral drills and conversation practices.
- Class attendance, classroom performance, written assignments, oral reports, lesson quizzes, a midterm exam and a final exam.
- New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook I (ISBN: 7-5619-1040-1)
New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook I (ISBN: 7-5619-1042-8)
- Specific requirements in the language
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/06/13 11:49:45 AM