Syntactic Analysis II
- Brady Z Clark - 847/491-5778 - 2016 Sheridan Road, Room 107
- Cresap Laboratory 101 - TuTh 12:30PM - 1:50PM
- Formal syntactic theory. Topics include the mathematical basis for formalizing linguistic theories, the design properties of constraint-based grammars, constraint-based grammars vs. generative-enumerative grammars as models of human linguistic competence.
- Prerequisite: LING 360 or permission of instructor.
- DiscussionWritten assignments assessing papers from the primary literature, presentations, final paper
- Written assignments assessing papers from the primary literature and presentations (70%); final paper (30%)
- Lectures and readings from primary sources
- Prerequisites apply, see description
Add Consent: Department Consent Required
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/06/13 11:22:45 AM