Introduction to Astrophysics
- Farhad Y Zadeh - 847/491-8147 - Technological Institute Building (2145 Sheridan Road), Room F-115, Evanston
- Technological Institute M152 - TuTh 9:30AM - 10:50AM
- This course is designed for undergraduate science and engineering students who are interested to learn about exciting topics in Astronomy in greater depth than allowed by the descriptive course "Highlights of Astronomy" (Astronomy 120). This survey course covers astrophysical topics starting with the solar system, planetary systems outside the solar system, the formation, evolution and death of stars, the massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy and ending with the large-scale structure of the universe and cosmology.
- Physics 135-1,2,3 or the equivalent.
- 3 hours of lectures per week.
- Two midterms plus homework assignments
- Natural Sciences Distro Area
Overview of class
Current as of 05/06/13 11:22:04 AM