- Henrik Sunde Wilberg - 773/691-2853 - 4-331 Kresge Hall
- Kresge Centennial Hall 4-430 - MoTuWeFr 12:00PM - 12:50PM
- This is the second quarter of a three-quarter sequence of Intermediate German. Its primary goal is the continued development of proficiency in all German language skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing). Class activities continue to be communicative and interactive and we will also place an emphasis on writing this quarter. The thematic focus this quarter is on contemporary Germany as a multi-ethnic society and we will be working with the TV show Türkisch für Anfänger and contemporary music and films. Students will gain insights into some 21st-century German cultural and political questions and will acquire "up-to-date" German language and culture skills.
- 102-1 or equivalent; students with other background, please see coordinator.
- Students will be able to converse and write in German at the intermediate level and develop increased listening and reading comprehension.
They will have knowledge of cultural, social, and political issues in contemporary Germany.
- Class participationFilms / videosGroup workReadingsWriting assignments
- Attendance: 10%
Class participation: 5%
Writing assignments: 20%
- Book: Türkisch für Anfänger (available at Norris), ISBN: 978-3-551-35635-2
Readers (Quartet Copies)
- No P/N option for this section
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/03/13 05:45:36 PM