- Han Luo - 847/467-3314 - 4-415 Kresge Centennial Hall
- Kresge Centennial Hall 4-420 - MoTuWeThFr 4:00PM - 4:50PM
- The course focuses on language function and structure, and stresses the fundamental rules of learning the Chinese script. It also introduces cultural norms and customs closely associated with the Chinese language. Students will also learn to use a Chinese dictionary.
- Five regular class hours are for pronunciation practice, analysis of sentence structure, sentence building, etymology of Chinese words and conversation. In class, after the introduction to grammar and characters in English, the instruction will focus on sentence building and conversation.
- Class attendance, classroom performance, daily written assignments, three oral and written quizzes, and a final exam.
- The textbook is New Practical Chinese Reader I (7-5619-1040-1).
- The workbook is New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook I (7-5619-1042-8).
- Specific requirements in the language
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/03/13 05:42:19 PM