Performance of Poetry
- Carol Simpson Stern
- Annie May Swift Hall 103 - TuTh 11:00AM - 12:30PM
- The course is an examination of poetry in performance and a consideration of poetic forms. Its goals are l) to deepen the students' understanding of poetry and its performance; 2) to develop the students' ability to create performance images and to embody poetry; 3) to introduce students to prosody and the craft of poetry; and 4) to introduce students to how poems are used for political, social, and artistic ends.
- GEN_CMN 103 Analysis and Performance of Literature or permission of instructor.
- The Norton Anthology of Modern and Contemporary Poetry. Third Edition, 2 volume set.
- Attendance at 1st class mandatory
Overview of class
Class Materials (Required)
Current as of 05/03/13 05:52:33 PM