The first annual Best Practices Forum was held on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at the Norris Center. The Forum served as a practical way for leaders across the University to share their own specific experiences and demonstrate practical examples of successful technology, process, and people solutions in their respective units. The day fostered creative thinking and provided a forum for some of the best ideas being implemented across the University to be showcased.
A total of 77 staff members participated in the event. Most were administrators from both the Schools and Central Administration. There was representation from each of the eleven schools at the forum.
The 2008 presentations included:
- Alan Wolff, Senior IT Director
Title:Customer Service Center
- Alice Kelley, Associate Dean of Administration, Finance & Planning
- Tami Renner
- Joe Doty, Department Administrator
- Rebecca Cooke, Chief Operating Officer
- Sepi Sepasi, Director of Change Management
- Mark Swindle, Senior Web Design
- Paula Carney, Lecturer
- Tedd Vanadilok, Director Asian-Asian American Studies
- Tracie Thomas, Associate Director of Career Development