What is NU Portfolio?
Electronic portfolios are a digital collection of your experience and accomplishments. NU Portfolio is University Career Services' electronic portfolio system that allows you to collect, organize and share your experiences throughout your time at Northwestern. NU Portfolio allows you to upload examples that demonstrate your unique background including writing samples, photographs, video clips, and class projects. Use NU Portfolio to archive previous accomplishments, plan for future experiences, and to make yourself marketable for job and internship opportunities!
NU Portfolio and Your Career Development
- Assess, reflect and evaluate your unique experiences.
What have you gained from academic work, internship, volunteer, study abroad, job, scholarships, fellowships and leadership roles? How have these contributed towards your personal and career development?
- Explore career options through experiences both in and out of the classroom.
What new opportunities would enhance your self-understanding, further your skill development, and increase your knowledge of professional options?
How could research, internship, volunteer and leadership activities help clarify your choices?
- Decide and make choices regarding your career direction.
Do you need assistance with choosing a career direction, setting career goals, or preparing for your own career "next steps"?
- Take action and prepare your portfolio. Create your personalized skills statements and build your on-line portfolios. Share your portfolios with potential employers, networking contacts, graduate schools, and professional connections.
Access NU Portfolio
Follow these steps to get started with NU Portfolio:
- Login to CareerCat at this link using your Net ID and password.
- Once in CareerCat, complete your profile, which will activate your account. Activating your account not only connects you to NU Portfolio, it also allows you access to our exclusive database of job and internship opportunities.
- On the CareerCat home screen, select NU Portfolio under the "Jump to" options.
- Select "Create a New Portfolio" to get started. The NU Portfolio User Guide at the bottom of this page will walk you through the steps for entering content into the system.
Who Can Use NU-Portfolio?
NU Portfolio is available to current Northwestern undergraduate and graduate students.
For questions or technical issues with NU Portfolio, please email UCS at email@example.com.