On-Campus Jobs and Advice
UCS staff can assist you in looking for a part-time job on campus, in Evanston or surrounding communities. Many of the on-campus student jobs are available to work-study students only as part of their financial aid package, but here are some locations and suggestions even if you are non-work study eligible.
- Norris Bookstore - Visit the bookstore in the lower level of Norris Center and ask for Betty Trice or Georgette Flowers to find out more about employment options.
- NU Main Library
- Sports Pavillion and Acquatic Center (SPAC)
- NUIT (Technical Support)
- Kellogg Information Systems - Inquire about positions at The Jacobs Center: 2001 Sheridan Road, Room 158, 847-467-2100
- James Allen Center (east of Annenberg) - Apply at the front desk.
- NuCuisine - offers a few paid jobs – most are a release from the board contract for 12 hours/week. Apply at Sargent Hall, 847-491-5326
- Norris Center - 847-467-6111
- Lisa's Café - 847-467-4519
- Alumni Relations and Development: Phonathon
- School of Education and Social Policy (SESP) - Assist with faculty research.
- Search for part-time jobs in Evanston off-campus under "Jobs/Internships" and use keyword search term "Evanston"
- Search for on-campus jobs under "Jobs/Internships" and then under "position type", select "on-campus jobs"
Working with Northwestern Faculty or Administrative Offices
- If you have interest in a particular department, look at their websites to see if there are job postings and feel free to visit them to make your inquiry in person.
- If you are looking for research opportunities, you can look at faculty pages to see who is doing research in your field of interest, and then contact that person.
- Visit the Undergraduate Research Office website to learn more about research and grant opportunities at Northwestern.