A résumé is a summary of your education, experiences, skills, and qualifications. Because employers are likely to review your resume for less than a minute, it is important that your document effectively markets your qualifications for that employer in an organized and concise manner.
- Resume Types
- Create a Resume in 5 Steps
- Resume Sections
- Describing Your Experiences
- Resume Do's and Don'ts
- Submitting Your Resume
- Resume Samples
- Focus on the position description and the employer's needs
- Describe your career direction and job-related skills/interests
- Emphasize your potential contributions and previous accomplishments
- Use power verbs to begin statements describing your experiences
The Correct Résumé
There is no such thing as the "Correct Resume." Your resume will be unique because you have unique experiences, skills, and career pursuits. It is up to you to select a format and content that most effectively demonstrates your skills and qualifications to an employer.