Interviews are a critical part of the hiring process. As a candidate, the interview allows you to obtain information about the job and the organization, determine whether the job/internship is suitable for you, and impress the employer.
- Preparing for Your Interview
- Structure of an Interview
- Forming Your Responses
- Dressing for the Interview
Although you will find some consistency in your interview preparation, the structure of the interview, and the information you want to convey, your interview experience will vary depending on your career pursuits and the practices of the respective organizations you are pursuing. Below is a list of different interview formats to become familiar with. Although there are a variety of formats, in most interview situations, you will know which type to expect.
- Telephone Interviews
- The Office Visit – Second Round Interviews
- Group Interviews
- Panel Interviews
- Case Interviews (primarily used in the consulting industry)
- Interview Do's and Don'ts
- Sample Interview Questions
- Questions to ask the Interviewer