Post a Job or Internship
There are several ways to post employment opportunities at Northwestern. Please find information below on CareerCat and iNet which are both free posting systems available to you to reach Northwestern talent.
CareerCat is Northwestern University's main online recruiting system and database powered by NACELINK Symplicity reaching thousands of Northwestern students and alumni. Through CareerCat you can search for résumés, post internships, part-time and full-time jobs, and register to attend career events hosted by University Career Services. The use of CareerCat to employers is free.
How to Post on CareerCat
- Register and Post a Postion by going to the employer login for CareerCat
- If you are a first time user, you will need to complete the profile section.
- UCS staff will review your profile, approve you as an employer, and send you a password to use for posting internships and jobs. This approval process will take one business day.
- After you have created an account you can return to the same page to log-in to your account.
- Additionally, you can post employment opportunities for a small fee to other universities across the area and nation via CareerCat (NACELink).
If you have any questions or would like UCS staff to create your account and post your opportunity please contact Dianne Siekmann, Associate Director.
Post your internships once and reach students throughout the country at eleven leading universities: Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, New York University, Northwestern, Rice, Stanford, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California and Yale.
How to Post an Internship on iNet
- Go to the iNet web page and post your internships for free
- After completing the short registration form you will be emailed your user name and password. (Note: this site is managed each year by a different consortium institution)
JobCat (Evanston Part-time Jobs Only)
JobCat, a student created online platform allows Northwestern students and Evanston residents to post advertisements of their services and service needs. The site intends to make life a bit better for
Evanston residents, and to help students earn a little extra cash. The types of jobs posted on JobCat can be both one-time jobs—such as "fix-it" roles around the house, as well as more regular positions, such as tutoring and babysitting. For internships and other types of jobs, please use CareerCat.
To post a job please visit JobCat at jobcat.northwestern.edu