Developing excellent internship and full time opportunities for students and alumni involves active partnerships among employers, the academic community, and UCS.
We can assist with any aspect of employer development to further these relationships - industry information, job development, site visits, consultation on employer marketing and recruiting, as well as assisting recruiters to reach targeted student/alumni groups. We have excellent sources within industry areas through alumni contacts.
Recruiting Options to Employers
Employers new to Northwestern begin their interaction with the Associate Director, Employer Relations who discerns their needs and recommends various methods of recruiting students and/or alumni.
On-campus Recruiting (Fall, Winter or Spring Quarter)
- On Campus Interviewing, Resume Drops, Resume Books, Information Sessions
- Sponsorship of events, Fall Expo, Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Industry Day, Winter Expo, Martin Luther King, Jr. Public Interest Fair, Big10+ Spring Career Fair
Job/ Internship Vacancy Listing
- CareerCat, iNet Internship listings (consortia with other universities)
Participation in Special Events and Programming
- For example, mock interviewing, employer panels, internship programming, educational workshops
Interaction with faculty, student groups, and/or campus groups
- Sponsorship of events, invited speaker, presentations on industry, labor market trends, etc.
Other forms of marketing
- Advertisements in UCS Career Guide, student paper, visibility on UCS website