Bring UCS to Your Classroom
There are a variety of ways UCS staff support academic departments and individual faculty. We often co-sponsor events witha specialized academic focus or can help a school or campus unit promote their career-related event. We are available to plan a presentation or workshop on a career/job search topic, or to offer an orientation to UCS services. Needing a back-up speaker when you are out of the classroom? We can help!
To inquire about speakers/programs please contact:
Tracie Thomas, Associate Director, through email or call 847-491-5787
Some examples of previous collaborations by UCS and others on campus:
- Visits to Freshmen Seminar: Orientation to UCS or "What First Year Students Should Know about UCS!"
- What Can I Do with a Degree In...?
- Internship and Job Search Strategies
- Interviewing Skills
- Diversity in the Workplace
- International Student Job Search
- Preparation for Summer Internship Grant Application
- Resume/CV Preparation
- Panel on Careers in Foreign Languages
- Liberal Arts, Exploring Future Career Options
- Non-profit Career Opportunities
- Careers in Law
- Graduate School Application Process
- Just for Graduate Students- Application Process for Non-Academic Career Opportunities
- Trends in the Job Market
UCS Team Specializations
The structure of UCS is based on a specialist model. Within our office we have several teams of Master level educated or higher staff, ready to assist your students.
Career Development Team: Career planning, assessment, decision making, integrating academic preparation with future career options
Internship Team: Understanding the internship process, how to research options, application process
Employment Specialists Team: Industry specialization- Business; Engineering & Sciences; Liberal Arts; Marketing, Media & Communication; Non-profit, Government & Education
Graduate Student Career Services
Alumni Career Services