UCS Alumni Career Services
Welcome to Northwestern University's Alumni Career Services. As part of University Career Services, we have been serving alumni for over 75 years. Please visit the following pages for more information:
- Registering for CareerCat and other services
- Renewing CareerCat access
- Service packages
- Resources for Alumni
UCS Alumni Career Services provides resources and services to assist you as you take control of your career steps. We are aware and sensitive to the various circumstances and motivations that may cause you to look at and re-examine your current or future job/career plans and goals.
All services are completely confidential. Please continue to check our pages for updates and special announcements for alumni.
About UCS Alumni Career Services
As one of the first universities to offer services to their alumni, UCS offers comprehensive services to our alumni population. We are sensitive to the various circumstances and motivations that may cause someone to look at, or re-examine, one's current or future job/career plans. We offer assistance and resources in regards to all aspects of the job search whether one is skilled in career development and job search techniques or if it has been several years since one has found the need to look for a job or explore career opportunities.
UCS offers a one-stop-shopping approach providing resources and information for any stage of your career and career development needs. All information received and discussed is confidential. We offer individualized services and a variety of resources to help empower you to take charge of your career.
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, Tuesdays: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
(Evening Hours: Tuesdays 5pm-7pm for scheduled telephone appointments, available during the academic year when classes are in session only)
Location: 620 Lincoln Street, Evanston IL 60208-4220. Entrance is on the side of the building across from Elder Hall. We are located just west of Sheridan Road and across from Long Field.
Alternate office hours on the Chicago Campus are an option (by appointment only).
Parking: Please note that parking is limited. There is free two-hour street parking on adjacent streets (Lincoln, Orrington, and Milburn)
Staff: Cynthia C. Graham, Senior Assistant Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of requests, appointments are for registered alumni only. To make an appointment please call: 847-491-3700
Who Utilizes Our Services?
UCS Alumni Career Services serve alumni at all levels/career stages. Whether you are:
- Gainfully employed
- Recently unemployed
- In-between jobs or careers
- Re-entering the job market
- Exploring options
- A seasoned professional
- Beginning your career
CareerCat- NU's job listing site exclusive to NU students and NU alumni registered with UCS. Employers seeking NU grads continually list current opportunities at all levels and locations on this job listing site. Jobs are added daily and thousands of jobs are listed annually. This is your exclusive network of jobs.
- Resume and cover letter review and consultation
- UCS Career Guide- This 60+page booklet is your hands-on tool providing the latest information on cover letters, resumes, interviewing, job search and more.
- One-on-one one hour confidential career/job counseling (in-person, telephone)
- Job search techniques for today's volatile job market
- Invitation and access to job fairs including: Fall and Winter Career Expo, The MLK Non-Profit, Education, Government Fair, The Big 10 Virtual Fair and more (Once registered, you will be notified of upcoming events at NU or at other locations)
- Employer information and resources (including password access to the exclusive "CareerSearch" employer database, ArtSearch and more)
- Graduate and professional school information, advice, general consultation
- Review of personal statements and resumes for the application process
- Credential and dossier services/File services
- Career assessments and interpretation for the MBTI/and the Strong Interest Inventory
- Use of our Career Information Center which includes Internet access, directories, employer and career related literature
- Complimentary copy of the publication, "Job Choices" published by the National Association of Career Services and Employers
- Career development advice and assistance with decision making
- E-newsletters for your area(s) of interest
- Access to FREE webinars/teleconferences
Northwestern Alumni Association
The Northwestern Alumni Association offers Northwestern Alumni and Student career services as well through newsletters, webinars/workshops, events and networking opportunities. Visit the NAA Website for more information.