UCS Graduate Student Internship Program
About the Program
University Career Services (UCS) provides comprehensive assistance to Northwestern University undergraduates students, graduate students, and alumni with their career development, graduate/professional, internship and job search needs.
UCS sponsors supervised internships for graduate students in counseling and higher education. This opportunity is designed to give students broad exposure to all aspects of a comprehensive and centralized career service office as well as in-depth experience providing career counseling services to students. In the past, students come from graduate programs at DePaul University, Northwestern University, The Chicago School of Professional Pyschology, and Loyola University.
About the Positions
How to Apply
Job Placements of Former Interns
After completing an internship at University Career Services, graduates have gone on to a variety of professional areas within and outside of career counseling. Some positions acquired over the past 3 years include:
- College Seminar Instructor at Noble Network of Charter Schools
- Assistant Director for Engineering and Science, Northwestern University Career Services
- Assistant Director for Career Counseling at University of Colorado Boulder
- Career Counselor, Northwestern University Career Services
- Assistant Media Planner, MediaVest
- Career Development Counselor, University of Chicago
- Career Services Coordinator at Northwestern University School of Communications