Learn more about relationship violence:
- Defining relationship violence
- Responding to relationship violence
- Warning signs of an abusive person
- Resources for victims
RELATIONSHIP VIOLENCE FACTS
- The highest rate of intimate partner violence is among women ages 16-24.
- Approximately 32% of college students are victims of domestic violence.
- The beliefs that dating violence is a private matter or not important enough and fear of reprisal are reasons given for not reporting the violence.
Statistics provided by the National Center for Victims of Crime.