File A University Complaint

If you have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, there are several ways to file a complaint with Northwestern University. 

  • The University policy on Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Dating and Domestic Violence is applicable to students, staff and faculty.  Review this policy for more information regarding reporting violence at NU.
  • If you are a student who has experienced sexual misconduct, stalking, or dating or domestic violence by another student, you may file a complaint with the University Hearing and Appeals System.
  • If you are a student, staff or faculty member who has experienced sexual harassment (including sexual violence) from a faculty or staff member, you may file a complaint with the Sexual Harassment Prevention Office
  • If you are a student, staff or faculty member who has witnessed or been the target of an act of bias, hate, discrimination, or harassment, visit the Respect NU website for reporting options. 

Title IX prohibits sex discrimination in all university programs and activities. Sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment are considered forms of sex discrimination. If you experience any of these forms of sexual violence, you have rights and options at Northwestern.